Detailed lithological logging of core is performed at the wellsite. Brightness logging and coal quality sampling occurs in the laboratory.
Desorbed gas measurements are taken regularly in our climate controlled field Laboratory.
GeoConsult Global Ltd has provided comprehensive consultancy services in the field of Coal Seam Gas,
Gas Drainage and Petroleum throughout Australia and the Pacific region since June
1994. Our involvement in an extensive number and variety of projects has ranged
from coal seam gas desorption to resource and reservoir evaluation.
Our staff are experienced professionals supported by the latest testing and analytical instrumentation and computing facilities.
This combination results in a confident and comprehensive technical understanding of projects,
leading to a hight level of credibility in our recommendations, and to practical and cost effective outcomes for our clients.
Coal Seam Gas and Petroleum Exploration
- Well site geology and project management
- Planning, scheduling and logistics of drilling programs for
gas reservoir assessment, gas emission,
deliverability parameters and seam gas hazards.
- Basin Analysis, target selection and play evaluation.
- Seismic survey design, implementation and interpretation,
comprehensive technical understanding of projects leading to
a high level of credibility in our recommendations and to
practical and cost effective outcomes for our clients.
Coal Seam Gas Resource and Reserve Development
- Providing the complete in-house package for coal seam gas
- Adsorption Isotherm, Vitrinite Reflectance and Maceral Analysis
- Resource and reservoir evaluation studies and advice on coalbed
methane implementations and stimulation treatments.
- Supervision, interpretation and analysis of pressure transient
(packer) testing and hydraulic fracture stimulation treatments.
- Production well drilling performance monitoring.
- AS 3980 compliant slow desorption gas content, compositional
analysis of desorbed gas (Q1,Q2) and residual gas (Q3) for target
- Lithological logging of core, technical evaluation and modelling of
- Coal mine gas emission and hazardous gas analysis.
- Analysis and interpretation of geological and coalbed methane
resource/seam gas hazard data for reserve estimation and
underground mining assessment
Desorption measurements are used to calculate a Q2 desorbed gas versus time plot.